Prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee of men's health, since potency directly depends on it. To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate, certain rules must be observed. First of all, it is worth changing your lifestyle: improve your nutrition, monitor your condition, perform therapeutic exercises and massage. If the patient is undergoing rehabilitation, preventive measures include the use of drugs and drugs from traditional medicine.
Prevention of prostatitis
Preventive measures aimed at eliminating or preventing prostatitis are conventionally divided into primary and secondary:
- the primary is carried out in order to prevent the development of the disease;
- secondary prevention is necessary in patients who have had prostatitis in order to avoid recurrence of the disease or its progression to a chronic form.
Prevention includes a whole range of therapeutic measures that help prevent prostatitis and improve the quality of life. To prevent this disease, men must follow some important rules:
- Healthy food. Revising the diet is one of the main points in the period of prevention of many diseases. Avoid fatty and spicy foods. When used acutely, the lining of the prostate is irritated, and fatty foods contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels, which significantly impairs the blood supply to the prostate, creating conditionsfavorable to the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Refuse bad habits. Tobacco and alcohol are strictly prohibited during preventive measures. Cigarette smoke leads to intoxication of the body, affecting metabolic processes in the body, and ethyl alcohol loads the heart muscle and contributes to circulatory disorders. It should be noted that alcohol in 40% of cases becomes the main cause of prostatitis. In addition, alcohol abuse negatively affects the entire male genitourinary system, often violating potency.
- Consult a doctor in a timely manner. It is impossible to ignore the clinical signs of the development of prostatitis. In addition, any infectious disease can contribute to the inflammatory process in the prostate. Do not treat yourself with STDs.
- Avoid hypothermia. Often, inflammation of the prostate is the result of a long stay in the cold.
- Exercise. It is important to keep the body in good shape. It is recommended to devote at least 20-30 minutes to sports every day, especially if a man's professional activity is associated with a sedentary lifestyle. One of the main causes of prostatitis is the stagnation of blood flow in the prostate.
- Take medicine. If problems with potency are identified, a man should start taking medications prescribed by a doctor. Drug therapy is one of the most important methods of treating prostatitis. At the same time, do not forget about traditional medicine, which has a lot of effective remedies.
A distinctive feature of physical exercises in the prevention of prostatitis is the training of the muscle group around the anus. To determine which muscle needs strengthening, you can delay the flow of urine during urination, count to three and relax. Then in the same way it is recommended to act without urinating.
These physical exercises of the first week should be performed in 5 sets of 10 contractions per day. From the second week, it is recommended to increase the intensity of training to 100-150 repetitions per day.
To prevent prostatitis, you can perform other exercises while standing:
- Bend over with one foot on the floor and with the other, perform wide swings back and forth 80 times. Then switch legs.
- Jump in place 100 times.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and perform 15 tilts back and forth.
Therapeutic gymnastics is also practiced in the supine position:
- Alternately pull the legs towards the stomach, then spread them as wide as possible.
- It is recommended to take a deep breath and hold your breath for 5 seconds, then take a sitting position, stretch your legs in front of you and reach for them with your fingertips.
- Raise your legs, lying on your back, in a position perpendicular to the floor, then proceed to the "bicycle" exercise.
- Lie on your stomach on a rubber ball and roll on the floor, supporting yourself on your hands.
These exercises will improve the condition of the body and prevent prostatitis. In addition, it is useful to take a contrast shower - alternately standing under cold (15 seconds) and hot (30 seconds) water. It is recommended before bedtime.
Healing stimulation of the prostate
As a preventive measure, it is recommended to perform prostate stimulation. At home, you can significantly relieve the condition with the help of a special massage that restores the normal functioning of the male genital organs.
This massage allows:
- improve blood flow, thereby nourishing the gland with oxygen and other useful substances;
- an increase in testosterone - the main male sex hormone responsible for erection;
- increase the tone of the groin muscles, due to which normal urination is restored.
The frequency of prostate massage is determined by the individual characteristics of the patient. If a man has congestive and chronic prostatitis, he should perform 2-4 sessions per week. When performing a wellness procedure as a preventive measure, the number of sessions can be reduced to 1-2. If special stimulants are used for massage, the frequency of procedures per week can be increased to 2-3.
Experts identify several basic methods for performing prostate massage:
- Manual massage. Prostatitis is affected by the fingers. This method is used more for preventive purposes in the chronic form of the disease.
- The indirect technique is based on compressing and loosening the muscles of the anus. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Rectal massage through the anus. It is carried out using special vacuum pumps.
- Chamomile officinalis enema decoction. Massage with a jet of water should be carried out for a short time, holding it inside yourself.
- Urological massage. This technique is used in the clinical setting because. to perform it, you need a special tool that affects the urethra.
When performing a massage, you need to be careful not to aggravate the condition by damaging the lining of the anus. Therapeutic and preventive measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients with:
- stones in the prostate;
- tumors of different etiologies;
- acute course of other urological diseases.
Before the massage, it is recommended to undergo a complete examination in order to determine the feasibility of a wellness session.
In order not to get sick with prostatitis, you need to follow proper nutrition. It is recommended to eat steamed or boiled dishes.
To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate, the daily calorie content of food should be reduced. At the same time, it is necessary to increase fluid intake during the day. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters to increase urine output, which will eliminate pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis from the body.
Men are advised to consume about 3000 kcal per day. This amount of energy should be made up of:
- 100g protein;
- 400 g of carbohydrates;
- 70 g of fat (vegetable origin).
Also, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is advisable to add the following products to the diet:
- beef, poultry and lean fish;
- soybeans, legumes;
- dairy products;
These products contain a large number of useful microelements and vitamins necessary for the health of the male body.
Usually, for the prevention of prostatitis, specialists prescribe preparations containing herbal ingredients or extracts from the prostate of a bull. They are effective stimulators of the human prostate, increasing the production of secretions and eliminating stagnant processes.
As a rule, urologists prescribe drugs in the form of tablets or suppositories that relieve congestion in the pelvic organs, which helps to eliminate inflammation of the prostate.
In addition, for the treatment and prevention of prostate cancer, it is important to consume sufficient amounts of vitamins, which improve health and reduce the risk of cancer in the long term. Men are recommended to drink complexes rich in vitamins:
- A - prevention of prostate adenoma;
- B - improves blood circulation;
- E, K - help reduce the risk of prostate neoplasms.
An alternative method is to use dietary supplements, which can be purchased at pharmacies.
Selenium is one of the most important trace elements for men's health. It participates in the synthesis of testosterone, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality, and also has a beneficial effect on the prostate.
For the prevention and treatment of prostatitis, you can effectively use not only modern drugs, but also methods from traditional medicine:
- Oat decoction. Prepared from 2 tbsp. I. unpeeled oats and 700 ml of water. The drink is simmered for 30 minutes or more until the beans are soft. Then the decoction is left to infuse for several hours, filtered, mixed with parsley juice (50-60 ml) and consumed 100-150 ml per day.
- Walnuts have a positive effect on testosterone production. They can be consumed pure, at least 100 g per day, or they can be made into a medicinal mixture. To do this, a glass of walnuts is passed through a meat grinder with a whole lemon and added to the mass of 1 tbsp. I. Dear. The mixture should be infused for 1 hour, after which it can be consumed 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. I. Also, nuts passed through meat grinders can be diluted with 1 tbsp. I. sunflower oil. It is recommended to consume the remedy in this form in the morning on an empty stomach, while the effectiveness is increased if it is washed down with warm cow's milk.
- Ivan tea is an excellent remedy for the prevention of prostatitis. To infuse it, 2 teaspoons are enough. raw materials and 500 ml of boiling water. Tea should be drunk hot, at least 3 times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent help in the presence of inflammatory processes in the prostate. They can be eaten pure and dried. It is recommended to use pumpkin seeds with honey in equal proportions. You need to eat at least 1 tbsp. I. seeds.
- A decoction of birch leaves has an anti-inflammatory effect, and also prevents the development of pathogenic microflora in the prostate. For cooking: 1 tbsp. I. raw materials are poured with 1 glass of boiling water, after which they are infused for several hours. It is recommended to take the decoction in small portions.
- Honey sbiten is a good remedy for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. It helps to improve blood circulation in the pelvis, potency and relieve the inflammatory process in the prostate. Take 1 tbsp. I. before going to bed on an empty stomach, spread in a glass of warm water.
Methods from traditional medicine are effective, but can cause an allergic reaction and exacerbate chronic diseases. Before using them, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
To maintain men's health, it is necessary to follow preventive measures. Timely treatment will help to avoid the consequences of the disease.